Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Finding a Voice (Mostly ranting)

The section that I'm so grateful to be in in English class is poetry. Don't get me wrong, I love poetry and every aspect, but I am a firm believer that it was intended to express oneself. I enjoy learning about the different forms and styles of the past; but come on people. That was the PAST! I believe that if a person so chooses to write poetry in free-verse they should be allowed to be able to. (which I do). A person shouldn't be forced to change and morph their writings into a style that's not their own.

Anyways, apart from the rant, the aspects of poetry are beautiful. I am an aspiring poet and have written 25 poems. I am forever grateful to be able to have such inspiration and voices in my head telling me what to write. No, I'm not a psychopath, I just like to pretend to jazz things up. I'm all for self-expression.

And I've pretty much run out of ideas for my first ever blog...exciting...so I would like to thank my substitute teacher, Cha-heezy, for introducing me to blogging.

2 comments:

  1. i'm a proud, proud, proud sub! :) honored to be your first follower (of many to come).

    you'll find a place, just remember the little people (like me) when you're published. i want a signed copy!

    so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete